How to Install Choqok Micro-Blogging Client on Ubuntu 16.04, 16.10
Choqok 1.6 was released on October 10, 2016. It’s a free and open source micro-blogging client for KDE environment.
Notable changes in Choqok 1.6:
- Better Twitter support, performance improvement. Adds the ability to search for usernames and hashtags, delete direct messages (DMs), send DMs with unlimited text.
- It’s now based on KDE Framework 5.
- Support for the Friendica social network is added.
- StatusNet microblog is renamed to GNU Social
- Defaults to HTTPS when available
How to Install Choqok 1.6 on Ubuntu 16.04/16.10 via PPA
The following PPA works on Ubuntu 16.04/16.10 and any Linux distribution that are based Ubuntu 16.04/16.10 such as Linux Mint 18 and Elementary OS Loki.
Open up a terminal window and then run the following commands to add the PPA, update local package index and install Choqok 1.6.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:adilson/experimental sudo apt update sudo apt install choqok
Once the installation is complete, start Choqok from Unity Dash or from K Menu.
Or from terminal:
To log into your Twitter account, you need to authorize choqok to use your account.
After you enter your unique PIN into Choqok, you will be logged in.